Tuesday, September 23, 2008

1 year in Spokane

We have reached our 1 year mark here in Spokane. It is hard to believe that an entire year has gone by. It is crazy to me how time really can fly by. The 1st 6 months here were torture, but once we finally got into our house and met a few people and got started in school and settled into routines it is finally starting to feel like home. Although I know in my heart of hearts I will always refer to Logan as home. I guess that is how you know you are completely happy some where, when you stop calling your prior living arrangements "back home" and start referring to your current location as home. I was thinking back to our first few weeks here and how I would get in the car to go somewhere and panic about finding my way home, or I would go some crazy out of the way route, just because I didn't know better. I know better now! Here's to another year of adventure and fun in Spokane.

3 comments:

thejohnmfamily said...

I am so glad you started blogging! I think that I will always refer to Logan as my "real home" too, but I guess adjusting to new places is part of life (unfortunately).

Abbie said...

Oh Jules, you know you will never be truly happy until you live by me again ;) Miss you!

Rachael said...

Welcome to blog world! Love catching up on your posts.

Isn't the concept of "home" so funny? We all concede "home" should be our immediate family - but you just cant help feeling tied to a physical location regardless. And it's amazing how much that can change. Yeah - totally feel that - esp lately...