Tuesday, May 26, 2009

If I could only whistle


As we were walking to school today Conor was making these weird breathing sounds. After a while I finally asked if he was OK? He said he was fine, and he was only trying to whistle. He asked when he would be able to whistle and I had to respond with when your teeth grow in. All though, I can barely whistle and I have my front teeth. Hopefully he grows in better whistling teeth then me.
Conor lost his 2 front teeth within a week of each other. He lost both of them with a little help from the neighbor boys on the trampoline. They were both loose, but still had a few weeks left. On the bright side, we had no dangling by a thread front teeth. The first went flying across the trampoline after a knee to the mouth and then a week later another body part to the mouth and the 2nd tooth was dangling enough to irritate Conor so he reached in and yanked it out. No tears and no drama! I love my little boy!
Now the tooth fairy...that is another story. Conor was very upset to discover that his tooth was still under his pillow the next morning. WHAT!!! As far as we know she was very very busy and was maybe getting a tooth from a child in Africa, so she ran out of time. She doubled the money for her tardiness the next night, and was very very prompt for tooth number 2.

1 comment:

The Witt Family said...

You must have the same tooth fairy that we do! She does alot of picking up teeth in Africa!