Friday, November 12, 2010

SURPRISE!!!!

Last Friday my doorbell rang minutes after I came home from the gym. Guess who was on the other side? My sister Janet!!! I was shocked and confused for a minute, since Janet lives in Chicago and we see each other rarely. I babbled for a minute and got a little teary and then I just had a huge smile on my face, I was so excited. Janet and Kevin pulled off a great surprise, I never suspected anything. Kevin picked her up at the airport while I was at the gym and then dropped her off at home to wait for me. She watched for me then ran out the back door when I arrived so she could make her doorbell entrance. So cool. Kevin had called me while I was at the gym to see what my plan was for the day and I never suspected anything. The only weird thing was that when I came in the house I could tell the heat was on and that a few things (messes) weren't where I left them, but I just though Kevin must have come home. It is so fun when the pieces all click together, like why Janet asked me the night before what I was doing for the weekend, why Kevin even called to get an update on my schedule etc... Well, the rest of the weekend was fabulously fun and out of the ordinary. Janet got to meet Lincoln and become reacquainted with Josie and Conor. Conor showed her all of his precious treasures and pictures and things he is proud of. Josie took her time warming up, but was sad when she left, and I I got to spend the entire weekend just being with Janet and talking, talking and talking some more. Just reminds me how much I wish my sisters lived closer. Here are some pictures of the fun.

Janet with Lincoln-just after the initial surprise
Hanging out together after a leisurely breakfast on Saturday
Josie loved that Janet sat and watched some of Cinderella with her
Janet taught Conor to play Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater...We will remember her always as he polishes off his technique 15 times a day. We love you Janet!
On Sunday we gave Janet a watered down tour of Spokane, sadly it is easily done in a few hours.


It is always fun to chase the ducks and play in the leaves.

We took Janet to see our little Spokane temple and realized that it was the first time Conor and Josie had ever been there.
We played games on Sunday night and Smokie the otter joined us. Conor thought it was so cool to have him play-Janet has a great Smokie voice.

We were so sad to see her go on Monday morning, but extra grateful for the time she took to come visit us. We made a lot of fun memories and look forward to when she will return (hint hint.)




3 comments:

The Witt Family said...

I would love to come again tomorrow but now I think it is your turn (hint hint :)

Darren and Stephanie said...

Looks like a great weekend. We are glad that Janet made it over.

Mindy Blake said...

How fun! She is just as gorgeous as you are-you look so much alike! Sisters are the best!