Saturday, January 7, 2012

#1 in Design

Check out the plane that won best design in Mrs. Cong's 3rd grade class.
Conor showing me his airplane for posterity

This is the plane that Conor and Kevin spent many many hours of work creating. I believe this is actually plane 4. The first 3 didn't fly upto standard. They were required to design and build a plane that would stay in the air. They would be given a chance to throw it off the highest slide in the playground 2x's. Conor's was one of the finalists for staying in the air the longest but monster plane beat him out. (One of those that you really wonder if the kid even helped or if Dad just went to town on his own. ) By the time the plane was due, Conor didn't have time to decorate it the way he wanted so they hurried and spray painted it all black and hoped for the best. Conor came home from school so so excited. Mom you are never going to believe this! I won best in design. I just don't understand how I won...I mean it was just black and there were some really cool ones. That is when we had a discussion about what design actually meant. I thought it was cute and innocent. Needless to say he was thrilled to have won.