Friday, April 20, 2012

More spring break and Conor's birthday

The 3 fingers of death and the Stucci Springs trail were calling our name this morning.  We left the kids happily eating breakfast with the plan of going exploring around the neighborhood and hills.  We escaped in a moment of calm and hit the trails.  This was my 1st time back on the bike since my knee accident.  I was surprised at how nervous I was, it took me a while to shake off the jitters and I was ticked at how I was having to battle my mind more then the physical injury.  Well worth it!    
We came home to this!!!!
I came around the corner of the garage and Jerilyn looked at me and said...You missed all the fun. Great. Not words I like to hear, especially in that tone. Apparently the exploring expedition included some abandoned junk piles, which included a can of inviting and enticing black spray paint. It took a few days to get the whole story out of the kids, but the story involves Conor playing with the can, then some sort of hissing sound and then Conor seemed to have punctured the can with another piece of junk and the impact caused it to literally explode.  Next there was a cloud of black enveloping Conor. Still trying to piece it all together, but he was scared silly and came running over the hill like a bat out of hell and was covered in thick gooey black paint. I am sad I missed it, I am sure it was rather entertaining.  Hmmm.  How do you get black spray paint off of the 9 yr old birthday boy?  I heard they tried everything.  The gas worked best....ew I know.  By the time I arrived he was in the shower and still pretty gray looking.  I then spent a good 20 minutes rubbing him down with a wash cloth.  We never thought he would come clean.  From the pictures below you will see that he did.  Happy Birthday to Conor.  I joked with him that he could write on his college applications that he was black for the morning of his 9th birthday. 


Hanging out at the tennis court, shooting some hoops and enjoying the sun.  before we hit the swimming pool.
Happy Birthday sparkling clean Conor! 

2 comments:

The Witt Family said...

I'm sorry I missed out on all the fun! Conor - you are awesome! Happy Birthday buddy!

Anonymous said...

Awww the memories!!!!