Monday, October 22, 2012

Priest Lake Mountain Bike Race

Kevin and I both competed in a mountain bike race up at Priest Lake a few weekends back. Kevin did the 30 miler and I decided to not kill myself and do the 15 miler. We left at the crack of dawn and headed on up to beautiful Priest. It was 25 degrees when we got out of the car,  BRRRRRRR. It did warm up considerably. Kevin's race left 1 hr before me so I was designated photographer. My race left after his and I returned before him. We talked our good friends Ginger and Dave Wilson in to doing it with us and I am so glad they came! They were great sports especially as they are newbies to riding. The Kellogg's were well represented and we both took 1st in our divisions and races. Kevin's time was 2 hr and 55 minutes (this is amazing as his climb was insane!) My time was 1 hr and 12 minutes and should have been 15 minutes less but I repeated some of the course (the climb) because I was so far ahead that I got nervous on where the turn around was. Oh well, I still won. What a great way to spend a day.
Kevin lining up to head out

Crossing the finish line

Just after Kevin's race-he is about to regret sucking down 3 cartons of muscle milk

Showing off our trophy's and spoils

Dave, Julie, Ginger and Kevin

Ginger and Julie

No comments: