Sunday, May 26, 2013

Rockin the 24 hour race

The last few years Kevin has been on a team for the 24 hour round the clock mountain bike race.   This is a  race that you can either do solo or in teams. You try and crank out as many times through the course in a 24 hour period. It is like a relay, your team has one time chip that you pass like a baton as you cross the finish line. This year the guys on the team were nice enough to let me do a leg of their race-I was nervous but really excited. I raced just before Kevin-so I handed off to him and of course no pictures of me racing, but I did it, I promise. I was really happy with my race time and the guys had nothing to complain about as I beat a few of their times. The team was really relaxed and the atmosphere was really fun. I would love to do it again and sneak in another lap.  Way to go team High Life!
-Kevin headed into the finish line-This course is 15 miles of fun and some of the prettiest scenery around. 

-Both of us after we finished our rounds. 

2 comments:

The Sullengers said...

Way to go on beating times! You are amazing!

Julie said...

So fun!!! You are awesome!!!!