Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Strawberry Picking


Miles and Josie


The first fruits of the summer are on at Green Bluff. YEA!! Green Bluff is something that is super awesome in Spokane. We live about 15 minutes from a produce mecca. We can go up there and do U-pick for pretty much any yummy fruit or veggie... Well minus the citrus stuff. So, me and Tanya and of course the kiddies went up to bring home some spoils to make strawberry jam. Josie was cute. She really tried to help out, but of course she ate more then she put in the bucket and sadly she stepped on and squished way more then I care to admit. All of our fingers and clothes were stained a delicious strawberry red. Believe it or not I came home and made 2 batches of jam. Mmmmm..... Good!

6 comments:

Melissa B. said...

You went blogger crazy! I check almost everyday and all of the sudden lots of entries. That's how I am too. Well it all looks wonderful. I grew up going to PRIEST LAKE so that brought back a lot of memories to see your pics. Looks like your having a fun summer so far.

Tallie Geddes said...

What a fun summer you are having - I am way impressed with your homemade jam - good job Julie. I'm glad you guys like the ice cream truck - it has started coming to our neighborhood every tues. and thurs. it was cute at first but now it's expected - not so fun anymore!

thejohnmfamily said...

I am so jealous of your fresh berries. We have fresh berries here apparently, but it's about 590degrees by 10 a.m., so we won't be picking anything.

Rachael said...

We so miss berry picking from Connecticut! And the places are always so beautiful. Looks gorgeous!

Did you make jam? Freeze for the winter? Smoothies? We're big on all of the above.

John-n-Mel said...

Wow that is incredible-a garden without all the work. You're a lucky lady!!!

Mindy Blake said...

Holy moly girl! Fun entries! Life has been so crazy, I just barely got to see it all. Miss you tons and love ya. By the way, your kids are adorable!