Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Kitchen Complete!!!!!

As some of you know, we have been slowly...might I add slowly, oh and one more slowly, working on a small kitchen remodel. Well, maybe it was a medium kitchen remodel. After all we did have to smash down a wall and move it over 18 inches and we extended the floor 3 feet. We got beautiful Silestone counter tops, a fabulous under-mount sink, a small computer nook and a few extra cabinets. I have saved the best for last...I finally got my beloved island. Needless to say we have been living in bit of a mess since April, but it has been so worth it! We had a friend who helped us with most of the work, but anything we could do, we did. The tile back splash was officially completed on Monday and so here are the final results. I posted before and after pictures. ENJOY!
BEFORE
AFTER
AFTER
BEFORE
(there was a big ugly railing and pillar here breaking up the space, but I was
so eager to get rid of it I forgot to snap a picture.)

AFTER
IN BETWEEN

11 comments:

Krysta said...

Great job Kellogg family! It looks great. I bet you could hardly wait to have your kitchen back. I can only imagine! My favorite is how open your kitchen looks with out the pillar and the rest of the banister. I love the stairs all the way across!

The Witt Family said...

Yea Julie! It looks great! What is the next project?

Kacey said...

yay! I can't wait to see it in person!

Melissa B. said...

Wow, good job! I have been in project mode. Too many ideas of things I want to change. But Kevin says I have to wait and see when we move first. Bummer.

Beeks by the Lake said...

WOW! I can't pick a favorite change. It all looks so incredible.

Mindy Blake said...

Wow Julie! It is beautiful! I also love your table! You are a good woman to wait that long, I am afraid I might have been a bear to live with during that process! Ü I am soooo glad you got your island!

Addicted to Paleo said...

WOOHOO! It looks great! I am sure it feels SOOO nice to be done with that project! I love the stairs!

Megan said...

WOW! What a kitchen. We are wishing to change the giant bar kitchen into an island kitchen. I love seeing how great it turned out.

Anonymous said...

It looks awesome! Wish I could see it in person:) Hope you have tons of fun with Mom and Dad!!

Rachael said...

It looks so good! And I totally can see the island esp. - I bet that's been so nice to use with your family.

Kristi said...

I am so late commenting on this but it looks great! I am jealous as I still have my beautiful white counter tops..I really like the extended stair to the family room. Nice job!