Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Strawberry picking

My free strawberry slave labor
"fruits" of my own labor
We took advantage of Kevin's day off from work and went and picked 3 flats of strawberries at Green bluff. It actually wasn't a bad outing. Conor was an excellent helper, Josie managed to avoid crushing all the berries and even picked a few of her own. She was better at telling all of us not to pick the green ones-she is a good delegator all ready. After the picking I lost all my helpers and spent the afternoon in the kitchen all by myself making 3 batches of yummy jam.

3 comments:

The Witt Family said...

yummy!!!!

Megan said...

What an awesome outing! Then having the kitchen to yourself to make jam, you are amazing!

Beeks by the Lake said...

That looks so yummy! I have a goal to buy the water canner (not the pressure canner) this summer since I will be canning 4 boxes of peaches instead of 2 this time. Any tips?