Sunday, January 6, 2013

Christmas Day 2012

Christmas Morning at our house...the moment of quiet before the chaos erupts. Santa has come and gone and the kids are ready to come thundering downstairs. The kids are threatened with disappearing presents if they venture downstairs with out the parents, and before 7:30. All rules were followed. We had a wonderful wonderful day! As always, in the midst of the paper flying and happy faces I am struck with how blessed we are. So, so, so, much "stuff." Santa brought everything on the kids list and then some.  Once all the gifts were opened we spent the afternoon skyping with all the family and playing with the goods. 

When you ask Josie what her favorite gift was she says her American doll...yet she really doesn't play with her much. Conor smiles and says his 3DS and then starts rattling off some other gifts. I think he was genuinely surprised at the haul he made-since he is perpetually on the naughty list. He said several times that he got more then he expected and was very happy. Lincoln, you guessed it CARS!!!! And, he got a lot of them. Our floor is constantly littered with cars.
 
Calm before the storm

Traditional "top of the stairs" picture

Checking out all the gifts from Santa...I look a bit anxious about those scary looking BB guns.  Hmm...

Lincoln was in heaven with this car garage from Santa

The American Girl doll and of course the princess poster!!!

Conor with his 3DS.  I was mean and saved it for very very last.  He was surprised because I think he expected it from Santa.  I wanted to make him sweat a little. 

This montrosity is a GIANT bean bag.  Really comfy, great entertainment for the kids, but definitely not stylish.  Despite all that, it is always the favorite seat in the house.  Good thing the whole family can sit on it.  My stomach actually started to hurt when it expanded to the final size. 
Check out these bad boys!  I discovered I am a rotten shot-good think I don't need to hunt for dinner.  I will leave that to Conor.

Let's EAT!!!  7 layer jello, ham, cheesy potatoes, rolls, sweet potatoes and peppermint dessert!



1 comment:

Rachael said...

The bean bag picture is so funny! I'm scared for my daughter to figure out the details of American Girl Dolls - I'm hoping she stays clueless for a bit longer... When we lived in CT and we'd go into Manhattan, I would purposefully go 4 blocks around the American Girl Doll store so nobody would know it was there :)