Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas is Coming

3 more days, 2 more days 1 more day.  The kids kept telling me how many days until Christmas and I kept hoping they were incorrect, I was sure I had a few more days to prepare. Here are a few pictures of the things we did to get ready for the big day. I made these cute gifts for neighbors and friends and I just had to show them off. We went to see the gingerbread house display at the Davenport (so lame this year,) we went to see the gigantic tree at the downtown mall, we got to go eat at Costa Vida and very best...Grandma and Grandpa Nielsen came to spend the big day with us. Before I knew it, it was Christmas Eve.

Christmas Eve brought with it magic and fun. Lots of delicious smells were coming from the kitchen, the chili was simmering and the kids were bursting with excitement. The kids kept checking the norad santa tracker on the computer and he was getting closer and closer. Josie was bursting with smiles as she talked to one of Santa's official trackers on the phone. She called early evening and then they called just before they went to bed and the tracker they talked to last told them to "HURRY" to bed Santa was on his way. Josie never went to bed so quickly. I still laugh when I think about it. We opened and read our new Christmas Eve book. This year we got The Light of Christmas. The kids opened their Christmas jammies and we acted out the Christmas nativity with our laminated set. We got the plate of goodies all ready to give to Santa and Lincoln insisted on helping himself to the treats. Finally the bouncing kids were in bed. Santa was cleared to make an appearance.
The hot chocolate on a stick package we gave to a few people-These turned out a lot cuter then I thought they would and they actually tasted good (bonus.)

Conor and Josie in front of the winning gingerbread creation

The huge tree in the downtown mall.

My helping hands-chopping almonds for the best toffee...candied almonds and toffee are something I look forward to every year-2 batches turned out awesome this year.

Josie talking on the phone to the Norad tracker..Where is Santa????

Getting ready to open their only present on Christmas eve.  3-2-1 GO!

Christmas eve jammies!!!

Reading the Christmas Eve story book
Lincoln helping himself to Santa's cookies. 

1 comment:

The Sullengers said...

I'm glad you had a good Christmas! You'll have to tell me all the good spots to go and get all Christmasy next year since we will be here in Spokane! I'm so glad I learned about your new book on Christmas Eve cause I've started it with my family and I look forward to it every year!