Monday, January 7, 2013

New Years

Just like Christmas the new year snuck up on me. We kept it quiet and small this year. Kevin, Conor and I went skiing during the day and then we did pizza and games with the Willards in the evening.  We even called it early, we were so boring this year. New years day we headed out to our friends the Carr's to feed the baby calf they have. It was crazy how fast that "little" calf could guzzle down almost a gallon of milk.  The kids had fun checking out all the animals they have, and we even brought home some fresh eggs. Josie loved the horses and Lincoln preferred the chickens, Conor loves the huge tortoise. Such a bummer that we have to head back to school and the regular life of 2013.  Makes me think of one of my favorite quotes.  If all the year were playing holidays,. To sport would be as tedious as to work -Shakespeare.
The much improved boys over last year...amazing what a year will do.  I take a forced year off for the knee fiasco and these two leave me in the dust!!! 

It was a very cold day...but we were still having a lot of fun. 

Josie discovered Lincoln will play dress up with her...he was even happy about it, and tried on several dresses. 

Divvying out the "fireworks"

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Give or take a few minutes

Josie with her 30 seconds

Conor with his 30 seconds

Lincoln with his 30 seconds

Josie with the horses.  She didn't want to leave.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Love the Shakespeare quote. And it's funny how Josie is dressing up Lincoln - I ran into the same scenario this past week with my daughter and my baby boy. Full dress up with all the trimmings. Made me laugh. :)