Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Basement project complete!

Kevin's Masterpiece - Blood sweat and tears and a lot of patience = a job well done :)

View from the doorway
View from window

New carpet
The style of our house is called a 4 level, which means we have 4 different landings/layers and not a complete basement (bummer) The basement has 2 smallish rooms that are unfinished...well now I can say the basement has 1 finished room and one unfinished. Kevin has worked so hard on finishing this room! He can proudly say that he finished the entire room all by himself...no help from me, or anyone for that matter. Kevin wired, insulated, put up walls, built a closet, put up molding, ground down cement, painted, mud and taped and even sheet rocked (a friend helped hold it.) He would have laid the carpet if he could, but you have to stop somewhere. We got the carpet the day before Christmas Eve and since we were carpeting we decided to have them re-carpet our main family room that we use all the time. I wish we could have recarpeted the whole house since our carpet is the crappiest you can purchase...the dealers wouldn't even sell it to us since it is such low quality. Well now we have our next project lined up. 3 cheers for my jack of all trades-Kevin.

3 comments:

The Witt Family said...

looks great Kevin!

Beeks by the Lake said...

Great work. I love the tv mounted on the wall. Very nice!

Kacey said...

Wow! I am impressed. I can't wait to see it in person. Does he want to come start my basement? Ha!