Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wheat entertainment

I was grinding wheat and making bread the other day while Josie was making play doh creations and "helping." She got tired of sculptures so she decided to dig into the wheat bucket...why the shower cap you ask? Josie has this extreme dislike for ponytails, but recently discovered that a shower cap will do the same thing. She could barely reach the bottom of the bucket, but not without sticking her head in. Her hair would then fall in her face. She was getting frustrated, and I thought she had abandoned the bucket and left but she suddenly reappears decked out with this nice cap. Problem solved. I love it when my kids solve their own problems.
Josie playing in the wheat, without her hair in her face

4 comments:

Beeks by the Lake said...

She's so creative! What a great idea.

The Witt Family said...

So cute!!! Maybe she can just wear the shower cap all over town instead of a ponytail! ;)

Rachael said...

Wait - are you saying she wears the cap in lieu of ponytails on a regular basis or was this a first-time occurance with the breakout of the shower cap? Either way - very cute.

You are definitely more patient than me - I wouldn't let me kids that close to my flour/rice/wheat buckets. I'm too scared of spills and a messy floor.

Mindy Blake said...

Your kids are so cute-I love their personalities! Thanks for sharing! I might have to adopt the whole shower cap idea!