Sunday, January 2, 2011

Late Deer Hunt

Merry Christmas to me! I will soon be the proud owner of a new front end on my mini-van...why you ask? Take a look.
I always complain about the deer population in this region and I hate, hate, hate those sweet little bambi's when they eat up my garden and flowers, so...I took matters into my own hands and did what I could to reduce the population. It cost me much more then I wanted, but I got myself a 4 point buck. Fortunately my car wasn't totaled, but nearly. I still don't have the car back, and the encounter was over 2 weeks ago. I had that crazy experience where you are eye to eye with a stupid deer who isn't smart enough to run, literally deer in the headlights-I hit him dead center. Sadly, both van and deer were removed from the scene not of their own free will.

3 comments:

Darren and Stephanie said...

Next year we will set you up with a rifle, hunting license and permit to take care of your buddies. PPlus this way you'll get to enjoy the jerky.

Mindy Blake said...

Wow! You really took it into your own hands didn't you? You okay?

powjess said...

Nice hit on bambi! Glad to hear everyone was OK.