Friday, January 28, 2011

Haircut or...Abuse?

For months I have been threatening Josie that we are going to cut her hair. I guess that would be why she was terrified, she associated it with something bad. Well, after the umpteenth argument and the bazillionth tear over doing hair, today was the day. I tried to talk her into letting me take her to supercuts for some nice, (not angry), trained professional to get rid of it, but she wasn't having it. I decided to save myself the public embarassment of dragging a screaming child through the door by her too long hair. I figured if it didn't turn out I could pay someone to fix it. So here goes! Please note that Josie cried the entire time and was fondly holding her "broken" hair when we were finished. The only condolence to her was that it would grow back. She has since told anyone that comments on her hair today that it is OK because it will grow back. I laugh now because she really did have reason to cry since I had no idea what I was doing.

The first snip! Check out Josie's face in the mirror

Josie tenderly holding her broken hair
The forced smile -after a chocolate reward

Final result

She survived! It really doesn't look all that bad for an amateur. Kevin wanted me to cut it shorter, but I didn't dare. She has a lot of natural wave that makes it very difficult for me to get it nice and even. This will do for now. I was amazed at how much thicker her hair felt once all those straggly ends were gone. I hope this will solve a lot of yogurt/milk/syrup/ice cream, you name it hair covered ends.

5 comments:

The Witt Family said...

Josie your hair looks beautiful! love you! Aunt Janet

Mindy Blake said...

Oh Josie-such a traumatic experience, but you look so pretty! I love the first picture--it cracks me up that she was so terrified and you are quite the beautician Julie! I am very impressed!

Kacey said...

Great job! I can't believe you tried that yourself. I let Garth cut the boys hair but only let my sister touch the girls. Ask me sometime about the time I let Garth cut my hair in high school!!!
By the way that picture of conor and lincoln melted my heart. So precious!

Darren and Stephanie said...

congrats to both of you for surviving the torture of the hair cut.

Rachael said...

I'm sorry for Josie - but those pictures were hilarious! That's our Pretty Girl EVERY TIME we go to cut her hair. I don't get it.