Sunday, September 4, 2011

Priest Lake Triathlon

I didn't waste much time getting back into the race scene. I did refrain from doing the olympic distance though-slacked off on the training. So, I found this great race that was a sprint distance and had a mountain bike course instead of a road bike. The scenery was unbeatable and it was overall a really great race. The distance was: 1/4 mile swim, 11 mile bike ride and 3 mile run. My final time was: 1:28:47. Break down-Swim, 7.41, Bike 50.22, and Run 25:11. My placement: Overall Placing 29 (out of 160 entries male and female) Gender Placing 7th and Division placing age 35-39, 2nd. There were 2 guys I knew that were competing with me and I beat one of them by 45 seconds and I came in behind the other guy by only 20 seconds. Not too shabby considering I took a month off to go play in Utah. Great race overall and I was really happy with the course and how I felt after all was said and done. Here are a few pictures, not the greatest but the best I can get when I make my husband be my transition crew, babysitter to 3 crazy kids and my photographer. What a man.
Getting ready for the short little swim

Coming out of the swim

Crossing the finish lineWith my awesome fan club

No comments: