Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween- and more knee drama.

I am not a huge fan of Halloween...my poor kids I know. I mostly hate the costume portion. The rest I don't mind at all. Generally the costumes at our house are either borrowed, stolen or reused from years past. I really hate spending money on a flimsy piece of material that: A. Will be covered by a coat, B. Not worn at all, or C. Torn and not properly worn. Oh and don't get me started on the props and shoes you need to "finish" it off. That said...here are my sadly dressed children trying to be...

Scarecrow Lincoln-such a good sport. He did not like the hat, but quickly realized he could not beat the parents so he kept it on the entire night rather then continue the tug a war.
Skeleton Conor-I caved and spent $14 dollars on this outfit, but he was a very HAPPY skeleton. Believe it or not I do try to make my kids happy sometimes (They don't think so.)

Princess Josie-recognize this from last year? Her choosing I promise. We were just happy she actually put something on resembling a costume.

Josie's preschool class- Josie is back row 2nd from left
Not sure what she is dressed up as? Me either...again, just happy she even left the house fully clothed. Don't you love the lovely grey thick tights with the heels bunching up under the white sandal straps...my favorite part though is the bright blue Hawaii shirt. But of course her smile shows me she doesn't care, which actually makes me want to take a lesson from her and say "you go girl!" Who cares what other people think. She was the cutest craziest dressed princess there.
Taj, Josie and Bree

There are no pictures of a lovely flapper girl and her mobster boyfriend because we didn't get to wear our costumes. I even made the effort to borrow some great costumes for Kevin and me to attend a fun adults only Halloween party. Sadly, we missed it due to an unplanned 2nd surgery on my knee. Yes, another surgery. I went in for surgery at 5:00 Friday night to get the hardware removed from my knee. There went another bazillion dollars- for what you ask? A huge set back in recovery for me right now, but hopefully better in the long run. I am back to no driving and a knee brace, so I won't bend bast 90 degrees. Believe me, no bending beyond 30 is going on here. The decision was made because my recovery was being impeded by those blasted pins that were so close to the surface. You could even see the wire on a good day of no swelling. I don't know what if looks like now as I am still bandaged up, but I hope beyond hope that I will be on the ski slopes soon. Prayers for a full range of motion and speedy recovery right about know would be much appreciated. 2 months of inactivity can be so discouraging.

1 comment:

Darren and Stephanie said...

We have been thinking about you lots. hope the recovery goes well.