Wednesday, November 23, 2011

November happenings around our house

Josie discovered Nutella. She looks sad here, but she adores this new treat. The first day we had it she had a piece of bread with chocolate on it for every meal, and guess what I let her. Some battles are not worth fighting.
Lincoln has started really moving. He has taken to exploring the pantry and he cruises a lot. He likes this little walker, but our house just isn't big enough, because he just gets a good go at it and bonks into something and he can't figure out how to turn it around. Just today he started standing up in the middle of the room with out something to hang on to. Another funny Lincoln moment is when he cries and screams for his turn on the I-pad, it cracks me up . He loves it when we all pay attention to him at once, such as looking at him during dinner, and he will really ham it up. He use to do these little screams because we all laughed and now he has taken to playing peek a boo with everyone. He is still my most mellow, easy going baby by far.
We had our 1st good snow storm. As soon as it started snowing Conor ran out and started building a snowman. Josie took much longer to get out due to her never ending aversion to clothing, but she finally made it out and they had lots of fun together. Good thing they went out when they did, because by morning most of it was gone. With the first snow storm of course I managed to get "stuck" in my van. Grrrr. I was able to back down the hill I was trying to get up, but because of this we finally broke down and bought some studded snow tires. Expensive little buggers, but cheaper then a new car. We keep telling ourselves this as we dump money into it. When will it ever stop??
Opening day at 49 beckoned Kevin and Conor. They had a great day, lots of fresh powder. Due to my traitor knee I had to stay home. Boo hoo. A little ironic that I stay home when I am the one who decided we needed to get the family skiing again. Blast. The picture below is of my lonely boots left behind.
Speaking of my knee. There may be hope in my future. Since the hardware has come out, I have been seeing improvements daily. As of earlier this week I can finally go down the stairs good leg first and not hang on to the bannister. This is a big feat-still hurts and I have to force myself to do it, but I am doing it. I can walk pretty smoothly, not much of a limp and I am starting to see my quad start to reform and on good days I can see all the little hills and valley of my knee (no swelling.) My patellar tendon is not cooperating, but all in time, I guess each surgery they had to actually cut that tendon- so ouch!

No comments: