Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Primary Program


Last Sunday was our Primary program. I am the primary chorister in our ward and I just have to say that my little primary children sang their hearts out for me and I couldn't be prouder!!! It is always so cool to hear the last practice run through and be thinking..."heaven help us." Then the day of the program comes around and low and behold...Heaven did help us, and the program turns out absolutely beautiful! The children always come through and all the hard work shines through. I received so many compliments on how well the kids knew the songs and that they could hear them and understand them. It just warms my heart. This year we sang some really pretty songs that even brought tears to a few eyes. The overall favorite was Praise to the Man and the Books in the Book of Mormon. A few times I had to ask the kids to sing softer...crazy I know. Music is such a wonderful facilitator of the spirit and I love helping the kids feel the spirit through song.

I am blessed to have this calling...I know these kids will years down the road sing the Books in the Book of Mormon song in their heads when they are looking up a scripture and maybe sometimes they will think of Sister Kellogg and the crazy things she does or did to make them sing.

Conor and Josie of course performed fabulous! They both had their parts memorized and Conor even had a large part and he did great. Conor is also one of my best singers. He sings so loud sometimes I can't hear the rest of the kids, better this way then not. One time in primary I had threatened the kids that if they didn't behave they would have to come up and sing a solo. Well one boy pushed the limit and I brought him up to the mike and he was terrified. I asked if anyone wanted to help him and Conor volunteered and came up and sang like a champ...all the leaders were raising their eyebrows at the gusto. Time to sing Christmas songs!

1 comment:

The Witt Family said...

I'm so glad that it went well - congrats!