Friday, September 20, 2013

Priest Lake Mountain Bike Endurance Race

It is that time of year again!  Mountain biking days are at their finest.  Kevin and I both did the Priest Lake 32 miler and it is a brutal course.  The first 6 miles are a good steep incline and then the next 10 are up and down but mostly up.  During the course there was a 5000 elevation gain/loss.  I of course never saw Kevin after he left the starting line, for that matter I really didn't see many people out there.  The course is so difficult that once you have your position, there really isn't much passing.  At the last minute I decided to bring my I-pod, best decision I ever made, it helped keep me sane.  I finished the race in 3 hours and 26 minutes and Kevin finished in 2 hours and 35 minutes.  Kevin took 3rd overall,  I took 2nd overall for women and 16th overall.  Sounds crazy but it was really fun! 
-Just before race time
-Happy finishers
-Ginger and me-she did the 15 mile course and took 1st.  Yay Ginger!
Julie, Steve, Kevin and Billy-one of the views from the race-we went up a few weeks ahead of time to check out the course. Funny story here, these guys were telling me that their wives wouldn't be caught dead spending their Saturday out Mt. Biking with the boys.  I wouldn't rather be any where else.