Thursday, August 1, 2013

Let summer begin!

Since we missed our Lake Powell trip last year we were itching to hit the lake. This years trip of course didn't disappoint. We had a Nielsen reunion on the lake, everyone but my brother Blake and my niece made it. I always say the more the merrier. We had the Sea Doo's and the boat going almost 24 7. Lake Powell is my favorite place! It is so hard to pick pictures, but here are some highlights of the trip and a few of my favorites.

-Trying out the new Seadoo's before they hit the Lake.  The back two were brand new!  Those dang environmentalists forced Grandpa get some 4 stroke engines. 
-Ahh....my happy place
Brianna, Josie, Jessica and Lindsay.  The little girls spent hours out here, they even had little burned bums from their fun.
-These tubes got a lot of use!  Lindsey, Megan, Brianna and Josie
-Our floating hotel-The Moenkopi
-We happened to be there to witness some amazing full moon rises
-Star gazing with Witt and Roper cousins
-Arch #3-I finally made it to all the arches up this canyon.  Because the water was so low this year, this was a long hot hike.  Well worth the effort.  I never get tired of looking at the beauty here.
-Janet, Galen, Kevin and Julie trying to pretend like we are 18 again.  So fun, but so painful! 
-Still in one piece

-Conor was the resident Sea-Doo hog on this trip.  He was literally on one of these babies for 8 hours straight the first few days.  People had to start hiding from  him because he was such a crazy driver.  Chris was a real trooper. 

-Love how this picture shows how much action is going on

-The whole gang-what a fun group!

-Lincoln and Kaiden

-Conor on the free board
-Josie going off the slide-she is awesome!

 

-A moment with Lincoln-precious

-Grandpa still has it in him!  This is for sure the coolest Grandpa on the block.
-Swimming/diving/chasing ducks/sliding/jumping/ twisting etc...hours of fun off the back of the houseboat
-Doing what I love in my happy place! 
-Conor skiing-he got really great this year.  Wake no problem!!
-Austin and Josie playing king of the tube
-Josie tried skiing this year-she didn't get up and would only try once, but at least she tried.  I lost my sunglasses moments before this shot-grrrrrrr.  Pretty comical moment as I flew off the Sea Doo trying to hold the rope for Josie.  Nice, I guess that was my expensive offering to the Lake Powell Goddess. 
-Annual Kellogg Lake Powell family picture


-Bliss

1 comment:

The Witt Family said...

Good Job Julie - looks great! Hopefully I'll finish my lp post on Sunday night. I sure would love to be there again this week! Love you guys!