Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Riley Creek Camping

Our first camping trip of the summer, and what a fun trip it was. Ginger and me and all the kids headed up on Thursday afternoon to reserve a spot for the weekend. After a little nail biting, we ended up with a great spot. Ginger and me set up our 10 man tents without any help from husbands! I was pretty impressed with our tent assembly skills. I told Kevin we did it and I even got a nod of approval. We then headed home to pack up all the rest of the gear so we could return the following day. Crazy how much "junk" you need to take camping. We had a wonderful trip! The Wilson's brought their boat and the camp ground had a boat bay where you could keep your boat overnight with out pulling it off the water, which was awesome. Camping and boating...what a great combo trip.  We really didn't want to go home.  Here are some of my favorite pictures. 
-Our campsite

-Kellogg and Wilson kids eating breakfast

-The fire....Conor and Zack were never far from this location. 

-Lincoln and his truck-  The kids spent hours riding their scooters and taking Brody for walks around the campground loop. 
-Sydney, Lyndsey, Zack, Conor and Josie on this awesome tube.  I really think that Conor and Josie rode this tube for about 5 hours. 

-Ahh...I love this picture

-The gang taking a dip
-Sunset ride on the tube...I think I kicked them off soon after this so I could ski. 

-Lincoln and Dave throwing sticks in the fire

-Josie and Brodie-Josie loves this dog.  Good thing she can go get her dog fix at the Wilson's house



2 comments:

Rachael said...

Haha! Your dog comment at the end is my favorite. That's exactly how I feel about the neighbor's dog the total absence of one at my house :)

Beeks by the Lake said...

Your photos totally make me want to go camping there!