Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Snowbird and Great Grandma Nielsen

The Illinois and Indiana cousins all went home and we had an extra day to go see Grandma Opal and spend a few hours at Snowbird with Grandma and Grandpa Nielsen. Here are the kids with my Grandma Nielsen. My kids call her Grandma Opal, she is my Grandma on my Dad's side and she is 96 years old and sharp as a tack. She hurt her hand a few weeks before this picture was taken and it has set her back a bit, but hopefully not for long. It was really fun to visit with her and my Aunt Rita. After visiting with Grandma Opal we went up to Snowbird to ride the alpine slide and zip line. I think the canyon is just absolutely breath taking.  As a special treat for Josie and Conor, Grandpa treated us to dinner at Chuck A Rama.  
-Josie, Grandma Opal, Conor and Lincoln

-A 4 generation photo

-Conor and Josie on the lift up to the slide

-Conor and me on the slide

-Kevin and Josie on the zip line

-Josie and Lincoln
-Kevin and Lincoln
-Kevin, Conor and Grandpa eating at Chuck-A-Rama

And that's a wrap! Time to get back in the car and drive back to Spokane. We have diabetes camp, swimming lessons, tennis and lazy summer days to look forward to at home. Thanks for the fun Utah.

No comments: